Sunday, July 10, 2011

Connecting with the Bride

Being a bride to be can be stressful. Whether you have a year to plan or only a few weeks, the stress can get to the best of us. So knowing this, when I meet with my brides, I try to make the meeting as relaxed as possible while listening to them explain their dream wedding.

I enjoy what I do and like to think that I am good at it. I've always been a very creative person and express myself through my work, always concentrating on the details that make things special. It's this attention to detail that helps make a bride's wedding all that they hoped for.  I want them to always be comfortable knowing that I will make their wedding flowers something that they will remember, and be happy about. Even after the flowers are long gone, the memories of them will still be there.

As I continue to grow in my business, I know it will always be a learning experience. I always say "I play with flowers for a living". That's the fun part and makes it sound easy but actually there is a lot more to it than that. Like every business there is a lot of work involved in the process and it can be very time consuming keeping up with everything. I think the most important thing I would want my brides to know is that I like what I do and it shows in my work. It will show in the flowers I do for her. I always take a personal interest in each bride and her 'vision' for her wedding day. It's my job to understand what she wants and then make that vision a reality. It's my pleasure to add the extra details to my flowers that puts a smile on her face when she sees them.




No comments: